QuickBooks Multi-User mode is an inbuilt and most useful feature in QuickBooks. This mode helps to work on a single company file from different Systems and users and helps increase collaboration between different users. This error comes when a user loads a company file stored on another System. Sometimes the error message comes to a stored file system, not on your system.
Read More: QuickBooks Self Employed Login
Causes Of QuickBooks Multi-User Not Working
Many reasons are responsible for this error, we are listing all them:-
- QuickBooks not installed on the server system
- The hosting system setting is not properly configured
- Your system firewall blocks the connection to the hosting Systems
- Sometimes antivirus blocks the running threads
- Sharing services are stopped on the Services or hosting system
- The hosting System database server does not open the company file
- Windows permissions are misconfigured
- May also when the .ND file is damaged
- QuickBooks server may not be started yet
- Permission to access the file on the server will be changed.
Ways To Fix The QuickBooks Multi-User Not Working Error
We are providing different solutions to fix QuickBooks’ Multi-User error in your system.
Solution 1: Reinstall QuickBooks Accounting software
- Go to control panel in your system
- Click on the program and features option in control panel
- Now choose QuickBooks to form the install list.
- Click on the uninstall which shows on the display.
- Next download the QuickBooks form the web
- You can also use the Setup CD
- Install QuickBooks again for the download file or setup CD
- Don’t forget to choose the Multi-User option at the time of installation
Reinstalling will repair or replace the damaged file in your system and also reset the setting on default. So this process will fix the problem of QuickBooks Multi-User not working.
Solution 2: Check your system network connectivity
- Stop the hosting process to the server
- Open QuickBooks and go to the file and then select Utilities
- Now choose the Host Multi-User access option in the utilities.
- If the System is not hosting file go to the next System
- Stop hosting Multi-User file and yes to confirm
- Restart your system
- Repeat this process with all the server systems.
If you did not solve the problem, then move on to the next solution to fix the QuickBooks Multi-User not working.
Read More :QuickBooks Database Server manager
Solution 3: Change The Location Of Your File
These changes will help if QuickBooks faces the problem due to the path of the company file. To fix this you just need to copy or move the file on the desktop or any other locations.
- Navigate to the folder or location of the QuickBooks company file.
- Find that file and simply copy or move it by right-clicking on the file.
- Go to the desktop or any other location where you want to move and paste it.
- This process opens the QuickBooks with no company file window.
- Open your company file and click on the open button.
Solution 4: Change User Setting To Default
- Open QuickBooks
- Click on the File menu
- Now click on utility options
- Select the host multi-user access setting
- You need to add multiple users to the company file
- It asks to disable enabled users to multi-user mode.
- Now set up a user password to prevent data unauthorized access.
You recreated the user with the default setting, we hope this will solve Quickbooks multi-user mode not working problems coming in your system.
Sometimes the problem is coming to the folder access permission. The access permission is changed to default when you create a new Shared folder.
- Make a new folder on the host system
- Now place the company file to the newly created folder.
- Try to open the company file
Solution 6: Use Of QuickBooks Database Server Manager
- Install QuickBooks Database server manager
- Find the problem by the scanning with the tool
- Scan and fix the problem
- This tool automatically scans and fixes the problem you just need to follow on-screen instructions.
We hope the above-given solution will fix the problem. These all given six solutions are the best and recommended solution to fix the QuickBooks Multi-user mode not working. If you have any queries and problems regarding this problem you can comment on us.