What’s common is that they all use Microsoft Outlook for their email, and they all send forms from within QuickBooks Desktop. Those impacted may get a series of messages telling them that there are problems with Microsoft Outlook, but when they click through those pop-up boxes they ultimately all come to the final pop-up like the one shown below.
QuickBooks Unable to Send Emails Due to Network Connection Failure
Set up secure webmail
- Go to the QuickBooks Edit menu and select Preferences.
- Select Send Forms.
- Select WebMail and Add.
- Select your provider from the drop-down and enter your email address.
- Select the Use Enhanced Security checkbox and select OK.
QuickBooks Desktop users are inundating QuickBooks technical support with a new round of problems resulting from the sudden inability to Why Won’t QuickBooks Email Invoices, Purchase Orders, or Estimates when they use Outlook as their email preference within QuickBooks.
How to fix “Error: QuickBooks is unable to send your email
In the event that you get a mistake that a message is Undeliverable, this could be because of the sending worker attempting to convey the message yet the activity didn’t finish before the message lapsed. If you are also QuickBooks Unable to Send Emails Due to Network Connection Failure using the QuickBooks Desktop Webmail feature, then the problem is very likely related to the incorrect webmail preferences. Your Email with the attached Invoice should be on its way, and a little pop-up message will confirm that QuickBooks sent it. Before diagnosing the error first, we have to find out why QuickBooks can’t send emails using outlook and why does it freeze. The issues could be the QuickBooks outlook integration or with email settings.
QuickBooks Couldn’t Connect to Email Server Error – Description
Lack of proper application setup and failure to configure correct Windows firewall rules not only cause server connection error while sending emails but also triggers several other errors. Here is the exact description of the server connection error that a user encounters while sending emails from QuickBooks
Common Reasons that Cause Server Connection Error While Sending Email
Installing updates of your QuickBooks Unable to Send Emails Due to Network Connection Failure on a regular basis is always a good practice as it ensures your application is free from most recent bugs and application flaws. Before applying the troubleshooting mentioned further in this article, make sure to Update your QuickBooks Desktop to the latest released version.
3 Solutions to Apply when QuickBooks Cannot Email Invoices because of Server Connection Error
Solution 1: Verify the Settings under Webmail Preferences
1. Open QuickBooks Desktop and from under the Edit tab click Preferences.
2. Click Send Forms from the left side of the screen.
3. Choose the email account that you are using to send emails from under My Preferences.
4. Click Edit and from the Edit Email Info window navigate to the SMTP Server Details area.
5. Now enter the correct server name and port number. For reference visit Common Email Server Addresses (POP3 / IMAP / SMTP)
6. Save the settings and try to send an invoice once again using QuickBooks Webmail.
Solution 2: Reset your Internet Explorer to the Default Settings
1. Open Internet Explorer and click the Gear icon at the top right corner of the window.
2. Select Internet Options and navigate to the Advanced tab.
3. Click Restore Advanced Settings and then OK.
4. Exit Internet Explorer and try to send the email once again.
Solution 3: Assign Windows User the Admin Rights to Run QuickBooks with Admin Rights
For detailed instructions, follow our article How to Create or Add a User with Administrator Rights on Windows.
The above mentioned are some of the troubleshooting instructions for some common reasons that cause QuickBooks could not Connect to the Email Server error. There are still chances that the error might reappear after the troubleshooting if it is caused by some lesser-known reasons.
Sometimes Windows Firewall and other firewall/antivirus applications restrict QuickBooks and other applications to send information outside to the home network that results in errors while sending emails. If turning-off the security application resolves the error, then you need to reconfigure the app for a permanent fix. You can contact the application provider/vendor for detailed instructions QuickBooks Live Chat Support or you can call at 1844-640-1481 for help.