IEC is abbreviated as import export code registration and is unique 10 digit number issued by the director-general of foreign trade. Any businesses that want to deal with the import and exports in India should obtain this license.
To obtain this import export license, a business has to abide by a few conditions and follow a certain process. As a business, you need to adhere to a few regulations for Import Export Code registration India.
Import export code registration
IEC Code is an exclusive code provided to each bourgeois and businessperson. IEC code may be a ten Digit Code. IEC Code is should for each business that’s in import and export. that is Code stands for Import Export Code. it’s needed for someone mercantilism or commerce merchandise and services to or from India.
IEC is issued by the board General of Foreign Trade (DGFT), Ministry of Commerce and Industries, Government of India. Importers aren’t allowed to proceed while not this code and exporters can’t take good thing about exports from DGFT, Customs, Export Promotion Council if they don’t have this code.
Benefits of getting IEC code registration India
• The unique IEC code you get with import export code registration India for the businesses will help it open the doors to venture into global markets.
• Business with import-export code will also benefit from government schemes like Merchandise Export from India Scheme (MEIS) and Service Export from India Scheme (SEIS).
• Obtaining import export license is an easy process and can be obtained with simple documents. You will get the code within 7 – 10 days of applying through online IEC code registration India.
• The license also serves as government identity proof for your business.
• After you obtain IEC, there is no compliance in place to file any returns even if you conduct any import/export transaction. It is a maintenance-free document.
• Once you obtain an import export license, it is valid throughout its existence. Transactions related to import/ export can be conducted without any issues.
Any business, be it a partnership firm, sole proprietor and corporate who want to conduct international business should go for online IEC code registration India irrespective of the size of the business. However, if you are conducting import/export for personal use or agriculture or manufacture, IEC is not required because no trade is involved here.
When do you need ?
• If your business entity is interested in conducting any import/export activities, you should obtain IEC.
• When your business is looking for advantages and subsidies from DGFT, Customs, and the Export Promotion Council.
• If your business needs to clear shipments from the customs
• If the businesses are sending money outside the country, banks need you to submit IEC license to open an account for your business.
• If your business is an exporter that receives money from a foreign country as a part of the transaction.
Process of Online import export code registration India
• To obtain IEC Registration for the business, you need to fill the application in the specific format and file it with the regional DGFT office in your area.
• You need to submit minimal and required documentation to showcase your identity, legality and address proof along with your bank details. With this regards, you may have accumulate documents like PAN of individual or business entity, identity proof like Adhar, voter ID or passport, business establishment address with proof( rental agreement/ electricity bill) and business registration details and cancelled cheque of the current account.
• After you are done filling the form and attaching the necessary documents, you need to file it with DGFT through digital signature certificate followed with the payment of the fee required to obtain online IEC code registration India.
• After completion of processing your application, the government of India will issue IEC code in a soft copy.