In QuickBooks software, this error is quite frequent when customers are installing QB files. Also, it arises due to the system and all documents and folders are now not maintained as instantly. Error 1904 shows ‘Failed to register’ file path/ name/ extension.
“Error 1904: [file path/name/extension] failed to register”]
This QuickBooks error can also occur while QB Desktop installation after upgrading the operating device such as Windows Vista to Windows 7. Or if the device wasn’t rebooted after the QuickBooks upgrade.
In case, there are a couple of QB errors are showing up on the display and they completely state the ICWrapper.dll, qbprefs.dll, RcnFndRequestHandler.dll & qbupdate.exe (among others), then the trouble is maybe induced through the Microsoft Visual C++ damaged component.
Possible Causes of QuickBooks Error 1904
What viable causes does this error discovered while working on QuickBooks accounting software?
- It causes when your organization files get damaged or corrupted in a surprising manner. It is quite possible that the settings of the file are incorrect.
- Sometimes, this QuickBooks Error 1904 may want to be precipitated due to having numerous a couple of troubles and you would possibly get hold of messages bringing up precise documents such as dll, qbupdate.exe & many more. This hassle is commonly induced when the file or a folder is broken the MS Visual C++.
- After upgrading the running device from one model to another, you may acquire this error as it is viable that you have now not rebooted your pc machine after upgrading.
How to Fix Error: 1904 when you set up QuickBooks Desktop?
In order to troubleshoot QuickBooks login error 1904, Execute the following fixation steps in the order proven to get to the bottom of the problem.
Solution 1: Run the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic tool
- Select the “Ignore” tab on the error message & let the QB set up complete. DO NOT open QuickBooks software.
- Restart the computer.
- If the QuickBooks set up did now not complete, then download & run the QuickBooks Desktop Install Diagnostic Tool.
- Reboot the system.
- If going for walks the device unable to restoration the error, then spark off the built-in Administrator & set up QuickBooks software program below the constructed administrator account.
Follow the given steps to set off the built-in administrator:
Step 1: Activate the Built-in Administrator
- Tap the “Windows” button on the keyboard.
- Type in the “CMD”. Right-click on the “CMD/ Command Prompt/ cmd.exe” & pick out the “Run as Administrator”.
- In the command instantaneous window, enter the “net consumer administrator /active: yes” and hit the “Enter” tab.
Step 2: Switch to the built-in Administrator Account
- Press the “Ctrl+Alt+Delete” on the keyboard simultaneously, then pick the “Switch User Windows eight users”: hit the “Windows” button & pick the person icon on the higher proper of the display.
- Hit the “Ctrl+Alt+Delete” at a time & pick out the “default Administrator account” icon.
Step 3: Hide the built-in Administrator Account
- Click on the “Windows” button on the keyboard.
- Type in the “CMD” in the search box. Press right-click on the “CMD/ Command Prompt/ cmd.exe” & pick the “Run advert Administrator” tab.
- In the command instantaneous screen, kind in the “net consumer administrator /active: no” and hit the “Enter” key.
Step 4: Change set up listing protection settings
- Browse to the “C:\Program Files\Common Files”.
- Perform right-click on the “Common Files” folder & select the “Properties” tab.
- Select the “Edit” icon below the “Security” tab, & then pick out the “Users” below the “Group or consumer names” icon.
- Under the “Permissions for users” tab, select the permit for the following permissions:
- Read and Execute
- List Folder Contents
- Choose the “Apply” and then “OK” button.
Step 5: Do a QuickBooks Installation
- Install QuickBooks Desktop as soon as again.
- After putting in QuickBooks accounting software, change to the authentic consumer login.
Some Additional Guidelines
- If you are working with QB Database Manager only, then the given options would now not work and you would be required to deploy the authentic exe.
- The error happens basically in Microsoft Windows when the set up is now not run as administrator.
- Before putting in Avalara Avatax, make certain that the exe is hooked up on the server.
- The trouble can additionally be triggered if you attempt to install the connector on a Server besides QB exe mounted on it.
- After clicking OK on the error, the set up ought to say that it was once accomplished successfully.
- Go to AvaTax Configuration (File > AvaTax > Configuration)
- Run the QuickBooks Software as Administrator
- Select your Test Connection option.
Hopefully, this article would be advisable for you to unravel the QuickBooks error code 1904 easily. However, if you nonetheless locate it tough or an awful lot of time-ingesting – you can are seeking excessive satisfactory QuickBooks technical assistance from our licensed ProAdvisors.