QuickBooks automatically creates the chart of accounts of the organization based on the kinds of the industry which creates bookkeeping easier. Also, the QuickBooks chart of accounts is a list that includes all company accounts. It indicates the transactions made by the company and you can also view the company assets, debtors, liabilities and how much the company owns, etc. Now, you are doubting about “How to Export chart of accounts in QuickBooks?” And what is the requirement to export chart of accounts QuickBooks?
To get the answers, you need to connect with us through this article. We are here to discuss all QuickBooks export charts of accounts by providing you the steps to export a chart of accounts in QuickBooks.
What is the necessity to export a chart of accounts in QuickBooks?
QuickBooks users can simplify their work by exporting a chart of accounts. Since, as we all know, it is hard to create a perfect company file that takes much effort & time. A conventional chart of accounts can be distributed to other users too.
Now, let’s examine the moves to export the QuickBooks chart of accounts to the new QuickBooks file.
How to export a chart of accounts in QuickBooks Desktop?
Follow the steps written below respectively to export QuickBooks chart of accounts in QuickBooks desktop:
Step 1: Create a backup of your company file
Before exporting a QuickBooks chart of accounts, you necessitate creating a backup of your QuickBooks file. Since you may miss your data while exporting a chart of accounts in QuickBooks.
Step 2: Export chart of accounts QuickBooks
- Launch the QuickBooks company file.
- Discover the chart for accountants that you necessitate to export.
- Now, you need to select the file from the taskbar.
- Choose the Utilities and click on Export.
- Later that, you have to select Index to IIF Files.
- You will have a list on your screen.
- Click on Chart of Accounts.
- Now, saves as dialog box will show up on the screen.
- Choose the place to keep the file from the drop-down index.
Step 3: Import the IIF File
- Start the QuickBooks file where you want to export the chart of accounts.
- You need to select the File menu and choose Import.
- Now, click on IIF Files.
- You will have an Import dialog box on your screen.
- You need to choose the current export file and select the Open option.
- Now, QuickBooks combines the information index with the current company file from the export file.
Step 4: Save the File
- Choose the location to import the file.
- Later that, you have to choose the present worksheet and select ok.
- Select Save as in the File drop-down menu.
- After all, the file is saved in the Excel sheet format.
Note: You need to build a backup of your export file. Since it can help you while performing the procedure of exporting QuickBooks export chart of accounts. And, you need to sign in as an Administrator to export a chart of accounts in QuickBooks.
You may take this blog as your guide and use it to get the information about the “Export chart of accounts to new QuickBooks file”. Although, exporting a chart of accounts in QuickBooks desktop is an easy task to perform. But, seldom, it may generate issues for QuickBooks users. To bypass such cases, you have to complete the aforementioned moves under the guidance of a professional.
People Also Search: How to Export Chart of Accounts in QuickBooks? Transfer Chart of Accounts to a New QuickBooks File, How To Import Chart of Accounts Into QuickBooks Desktop? Export Chart of Accounts to a New QuickBooks File, How To Export Chart of Accounts to Excel in QuickBooks Desktop? How to Export Chart of Accounts in QuickBooks?