QuickBooks is an innovative bookkeeping and accounting software that helps millions of small and mid-sized business users meet their goals. In order to make the most of this software and increase productivity, users must ensure that they regularly update it. But since QuickBooks is computer software, an error may occur at any time – even while downloading QuickBooks updates. One of the most common errors that users face while downloading updates on QuickBooks products, including QuickBooks basic payroll service, is QuickBooks Error code 12007.
What is QuickBooks Update Error 12007?
QuickBooks Error 12007 occurs at the time when a user tries to update the QuickBooks desktop or try to make any changes to the QB payroll service function. The other possible reason behind this error is the inability of accessing the internet connection through your desktop.
What causes QuickBooks error code 12007?
One or more of the following causes can lead to QuickBooks Error 12007:
- Your computer security software such as antivirus and firewall is not letting QuickBooks connect to the internet.
- Network timed out while downloading QuickBooks payroll updates
- Incorrect SSL settings
- You are using a browser that’s not by QuickBooks
- Dropped internet loss.
How to Fix QuickBooks Update Error 12007?
Troubleshooting QuickBooks error code 12007 depends on the situation in which the error occurred. Check out the below-given steps to fix this error.
Step1: If the error has occurred while updating QuickBooks
Check the internet connection in QuickBooks and make sure that the Internet connection is correctly set. Here you need to ensure that the internet connection is set for QuickBooks used in the proper and required manner.
Also, you can undergo a knowledge base of community forums of Intuit to fix the error that has been occurred.
For additional data fixing the error that occurred while updating QuickBooks, you can undergo a knowledge base of community forums of Inuit.
Step 2: Modify QuickBooks Updates
- Repeat step 1
- Now, unplug your Wireless router/Internet plug and see the internet latency
- After that, the user needs to open QuickBooks and then go to the company file
- And then, press Ctrl+K keys on your keyboard
- After which a new window will pop up
- Also, click Edit option
- Un-check the Open Payroll Setup option
- The user will have to wait while the Payroll Updates goes and the procedure ends on its own.
Step 3: Troubleshoot QuickBooks payroll Update services
- First of all, you need to check your Internet set-up in QuickBooks desktop from the Internet options menu.
- After that validate that your computer Internet speed is OK.
- Now click on Next and then choose Advanced connection settings.
- Navigate to the display the Internet properties window and click on the Advanced tab.
- Now verify that you have checked SSL 2.0 and SSL 3.0 options.
Step 4: Open Windows in Safe Mode with Networking
If you receive this error again even after trying the troubleshooting steps as mentioned above, turn off your computer and open it again in safe mode. See if the problem is gone. Opening Windows in safe mode along with networking can not only solve QuickBooks Update Error but many other errors too.
Step 5: Reset the Program’s Update Settings
Resetting QuickBooks updates settings can really help you with the updating process and troubleshoot the error.
- Open your QuickBooks desktop and Click on the Help button.
- After that click on the Update Now tab.
- Now go to the Reset Update checkbox and hit a click on the Get Updates button.
Step 6: Check security settings
Try out this final troubleshooting step if none of the above-mentioned solutions work. Find out the program or application which is triggering the QuickBooks update error 12007 and download the updates. You should speak to an expert if you are unable to find out the application causing this error.
- Next, you can configure the firewall ports and internet settings for QuickBooks accounting software.
- After the system firewall is configured, run MS Windows in safe mode. Select Safe Mode with Networking and see if you can download the updates.
Step 7: Checking the internet explorer settings
- The user needs to first close QuickBooks and open internet explorer
- And then select tools and click on internet settings
- Also, open the security tab and then click on the globe icon, and then set the security level at the medium-high
- After that, the user needs to open the connection tab, in case the user hasn’t used the dial-up node on the system, then he/she needs to select the never-dial connection option. In case he/she used it then choose the correct ISP and select OK
- The next step is to select LAN settings options and ensure that they automatically detect settings option is marked, and also check that use a proxy server option is marked or not
- Now, the user needs to open the advanced tab and then click on restore advanced settings and then under the settings, find the Use TLS 1.2 option and ensure that this option is select
- Followed by selecting ok and saving the changes and close internet explorer
- The last step is to reboot the system and try to update QuickBooks
If you find any inconvenience in performing the steps in the proper manner or if the QuickBooks error code 12007 still persists even after applying all the steps correctly. We would recommend you to take help from the QuickBooks Payroll customer support team. Or you can directly contact us at our toll-free number 1833-374-1123.