Physical Therapy An auto accident can be extremely traumatizing to the body. It can cause different types of injuries – from typical whiplash to broken limbs, the range is quite wide.
Physical therapy Davie plays a significant role in the recovery process following a motor vehicle accident. It helps to reduce stiffness, soreness, and pain caused by the accident while avoiding prolonged injuries.
What are the most common injuries following a road accident?
The nature of every accident is different and thus the nature of the injuries. They mostly depend on the type of collision, age and location of the accident victim inside the car, and existing medical issues. They also depend on if the person was wearing a seat belt, the direction from which the car was hit, whether the car had airbags, whether it was a high-speed crash or low-speed collision, and so on. Let’s have a quick look at the most common car accident injuries:
- Back injury
- Shoulder injury
- Pain in the limbs
- Radiating arms
- Neck pain
What are the fatal symptoms that occurred after meeting an auto accident?
Here is the list of symptoms that require the victim to immediately consult a doctor.
- Prominent physical deformities
- Altered or loss of consciousness
- Visual disturbances
- One-sided weakness
- Loss of sensation
- Dysfunctional bladder
- Altered bower
How do physical therapists help?
Physical therapists are professionals being immensely trained in physical therapy. They follow the below-mentioned procedure to diagnose and treat a patient injured in a road accident.
- First, they will conduct a thorough physical examination to access the injured person’s flexibility, range of motion, movement, joint and muscle motion, and existing health status.
- Accordingly, they provide a clinical diagnosis followed by a prognosis and treatment plan with both short- and long-term targets.
- They start performing physical therapy and intervention.
- They prescribe self-management tips including exercises that the patient must follow at home.
Besides this physical manipulation, the treatment procedure involves the following as well:
- Electrical stimulation (e-stim) – Two types of e-stem are used for treatment – transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation and neuromuscular electrical stimulation. The former helps reduce the pain while the latter is meant to stimulate the muscular motor parts for the betterment of muscular engagement.
- Iontophoresis – Using electrical current, the technique delivers medications like topical steroids to reduce inflammation.
- Light therapy – As the name suggests, the technique uses special lights as well as lasers to treat specific medical issues.
- Moist heat, heat, and cold therapy – Such therapies provide relief to different conditions.
What is the basic physical therapy treatment process?
As already mentioned, physical therapy professionals are well trained. They are all equipped with the needed skills and equipment to treat injuries sustained in a car accident. During the first visit, the professional is likely to listen to your existing medical conditions, andexamine your strength as well as your range of motion. They might conduct special tests to get a clear idea of your injuries and accordingly develop a custom treatment plan. Usually, the plan is a smart combination of manual therapy, pain education, exercises, stretching, and a tailored strengthening program meant to be practiced at home to make posture and endurance better while restoring movement. Now it comes to post-concussion management which includes a broader range of Auto Accident Physical Therapy Davie. The therapists develop a special treatment and rehab plan to sharply address the issues associated with the preliminary diagnosis. Auto accident victims often get benefited from body mechanics and ergonomic training designed to reduce strain on the affected areas. A good physical therapist will always make a custom plan to address the issues of every individual patient.