Nowadays, more and more patients with colon cancer are carving out a journey to come to India to pursue best quality colon cancer treatments at an affordable cost. Indian medical facilities and other healthcare units have the necessary access to the best quality surgeons and medical professionals and high-precision equipment which in turn helps in increasing the survival rate to a large extent. Some of the best colon cancer treatments in India are:
1. Surgery: Surgery is the best way to deal with colon cancer; it involves a procedure, wherein, the operating surgeon removes only the damaged part of the colon or rectum, one that has the tumor from the body of the patient. The operating surgeon can use a variety of surgical intervention techniques to treat colon cancer that may include,
• Bowel Diversion Surgery: This surgery allows the normal movement of intestinal contents to be rerouted out of the body that may include procedures such as ileostomy, colostomy, ileoanal reservoir, and continent ileostomy.
• Cryosurgery: This type of surgery involve the use of liquid nitrogen, argon or carbon dioxide to freeze and kill abnormal tissue growth like tumors. This procedure is generally used for treating precancerous lesions or tumors found on the skin.
• Radiofrequency Ablation: If your cancer has spread to the liver, this treatment option is the best bet for you. This procedure helps in destroying the tumors without eliminating them. The tumor destruction is caused by using high-energy radio waves or electromagnetic microwaves. Also, surgeons can inject the tumor with alcohol or freeze it with a metal probe to kill it.
• Laparoscopic Colectomy: This procedure involves the laparoscopic removal of all the parts of your colon.
• Polypectomy: This procedure is employed to eradicate the growth of the abnormal collection of tissue from the inner parts of the colon, also called the large intestine.
2. Chemotherapy: In this procedure, the patient is given a variety of drug combinations, either intravenously or orally to treat the pain and slow down the spread of cancer to other parts of the body. This therapy included side-effects such as hair loss, vomiting, fatigue, and mouth sores.
3. Targeted Treatments: Targeted treatments involve a treatment method wherein, the doctor uses drugs to treat the changes occurred in the cells leading to cancer. Since these treatments are used to combat cells that are cancerous, it has fewer side effects than chemotherapy.
4. Radiation: In this procedure, cancerous cells are annihilated using high-energy waves. This procedure is either used before or after the main line of treatment to reduce the tumor’s size or cutting down the risk of a possible relapse.
Apart from the quality, Indian medical facilities offer colon cancer treatments at a fraction of the cost. This is why a sea of patients from all over the world seeking complex colon cancer treatment procedures plan to come to India. The colon cancer treatment cost India is as mentioned below:
Cost of Bowel diversion surgery is USD 6000
Cost of cryosurgery is USD 7500
Cost of polypectomy is USD 3000
If you compare these estimated costs with the cost offered in countries like US and UK, you can find a huge difference; the cost of colon cancer treatment procedures in India is almost 30 to 50% lower than that in its developing counterparts. However, the cost may vary on the basis of factors such as the extent and nature of the tumor, health and age condition of the patient, to name a few.
Unmatched quality and cut down costs of Colon cancer treatment in India
Nowadays, more and more patients with colon cancer are carving out a journey to come to India to pursue best quality colon cancer treatments at an affordab