Triund is one of the easiest treks in India. The Triund Top is at an elevation of 2,850m in Dharamshala, Himachal Pradesh. This trek is very popular among beginners. On the other side, where trekkers are undertaking difficult treks, you can easily do this trek with your friends and enjoy up in the mountains by spending a memorable time with them.
Due to its easy access, you can do Triund in any season except monsoons. The best time to visit Triund is in Winter, as the area receives snowfall and the views get double amazing. In Summers, you will see greenery all around with pleasant & calm weather.
HERE, are 6 reasons that will make you fall in love with this place:
- It’s always about the Views.
Triund offers amazing panoramic views of Dhauladhar ranges. The whole trek will give you excellent scenic views of snow-covered mountains, green meadows, dense forests of oaks & rhododendrons and a lot of serene beauty of nature. Carry your cameras to capture the beauty and feast your eyes with nature’s best.
- Yes, It’s the easiest one!!
Beginners can easily do this trek and enjoy the beauty of the place. The whole trek is of 9 km and offers captivating views of the mighty mountains. The first 5 kilometers of the trek is easy and the rest 2-3 are a bit difficult and have a lot of curves. But the curves are manageable and worth climbing. Triund is a perfect pick for beginners.
- Triund is not the end….
Triund trek doesn’t end on the Triund top. You can also move further to more treks like a trek to Lahesh Cave and Kareri Lake. Days are brighter and there are no wild animals in the area so, feel free to move further and explore more. Kareri lake and Lahesh caves trek start from the same point Mcleodganj, it is easy to cover three of them at once.
- Perfect Sunsets and Sunrises!!
Triund top offers most of the amazing sunsets and sunrises. Pitch your tents at the top for 1 or 2 days and experience the ravishing beauty of sunsets and wake up to the most beautiful sunrises of your life. The nights at Triund are better than the days because you will feel like you are lying under the galaxy of stars that are sparkly & glittery.
- Bhagsu Nag Waterfalls
Another scenic attraction that will blow your mind is the Bhagsunath Waterfalls. The place is a perfect picnic spot near Dharamshala and Mcleodganj. It is a holy waterfall that makes its way from the sacred Bhagsunath Temple. Bhagsunath falls from 30ft and looks very captivating and scenic. The best time to visit is in monsoons, as the waterfall gets fill due to heavy rainfall.
- Sightseeing in Mcleodganj and Dharamshala
Another thing which you can do near Triund to explore the beauty and culture of the serene hill stations Mcleodganj(2km) & Dharamshala(10km). You can have some amazing food in the towns, and sightseeing to some famous places like Namgyal Monastery, Dal Lake, Tibetan museum, St. John Church, Baglamukhi temple, Bajreshwari temple, Illiterati books & cafe, and many other.
- Tips for Triund:
- Always take a tour guide with you. Guide knows better about the trek and tell you more about the place.
- Camping is a must at Triund if you want to enjoy the amazing or else you can stay in some guest houses that are run by the forests departments in Triund.
- You will witness only a few cafes and tea stalls during the trek that will offer, snacks, tea & coffee, maggie. Shiva Cafe is a famous spot near Bhagsu waterfalls that offer some cuisines. It is advised to go to Mcleodganj and have good food. The roads are motorable from the starting point of the trek, Gallu Devi Temple and from there you can easily reach.
- As a beginner, try to learn some trekking skills and make your trek a memorable one!
Triund adventure is a must to do trek with your friends and enjoy the serene beauty of nature. A perfect weekend getaway. So, plan your trip to Triund and beginners embark on your first adventure!!
Live. Travel. Explore!!