An incubator is a heated and insulated box, which is used in the laboratory to grow and maintain microbiological or cell cultures. It is efficient in maintaining optimal temperature, humidity and gaseous content of the atmosphere inside its periphery.
Shaking incubators are so designed that it can incubate and shake or agitate samples simultaneously. These are found to be ideal for cell culture, cell aeration and solubility experiments.
Microbiological incubators are also known as heat only or standard incubators. They have heating elements and thus, they are able to provide incubation temperature above then the ambient temperature.
Specifications of Shaking incubators:
- Speed – For BST/MIS 100B model speed ranges from 30 – 400 rpm whereas the top speed increases to 600 rpm in BST/MIS 100C model.
- Shaking Type – Both models support Orbital Shaking.
- Temperature Range – For both the models, Ambient temperature range is +5ºC to 60ºC.
- Standard Configuration – For BST/MIS 100B model (50ml * 4, 100ml * 4, 250ml * 4, 500ml * 4) and for BST/MIS 100C model (100ml * 9).
- Temperature Accuracy – Both models allows temperature variation of ±0.1ºC.
- Timing Range – Both of them have time ranging between 0-999 min.
- Pallet Size – BST/MIS 100B comes with 450mm * 370mm and BST/MIS 100C comes with 280mm * 220mm.
- Display – Both models supports LCD display screen
- Safety – Circuit breakers and Over-temperature protection is provided in both models.
- Accessories – Flasks, Clamps, Test Tube Racks etc. are also there in both models.
- Power Supply – Both models operates on 220/230 Volts and 50 Hz frequency.
Specifications of Microbiological incubators:
- Capacity – For all 7 distinct models capacity ranges from 1 Cu. Ft. to 11.8 Cu. Ft.
- Capacity(litres) – It has 7 distinct models with capacities ranging from 30 litres to 336 litres.
- Temperature Range – It provides Ambient temperature between +5ºC to +90ºC.
- Temperature Uniformity – Maintains temperature allowing variation of ±0.35ºC at 37ºC.
- Temperature Control – Microprocessor PID Controller is used for operating.
- Display – LCD display is there.
- Door – It has Solid Doors with glass window & lock.
- Exterior – MS painted coating is used for plastic finishing or SS 304/316 is used.
- Interior – SS 304 type stainless steel is used, which is a non-iron constituent alloy of Steel.
- Safety Features – Over Temperature Thermostat is all there in all its variants.
- Shelves – It uses Stainless Steel material – 2 to 9.
- Power Supply – Its all models operate on 220 volts.
- Optional – Additional features like Caster Wheels, Digital Timer, Fluorescent lamp, Incubation of CO2 Air Mixture, and Combined Digital Temperature & humidity controller, can also be availed.
The incubators come in different variants for both shaking and microbiological type. A person can choose from different variants having distinct features according to everyone’s need.
If anyone wishes to own such a variety of these equipments for their laboratory then don’t be in hurry, instead contact the dealer, and ask for catalogue of laboratory equipments and buy at discounted prices.