YouTube is undoubtedly the world’s most popular video sharing platform in this 21st century. Initially launched in 2005, it was bought by the multinational technology giant Google in a deal worth 1.65 billion US dollars in the year 2006.
Since then, YouTube has succeeded to become one of the most ubiquitous applications. It has become the primary hub of the short form video format with more than 5 billion videos being watched on a daily basis.
What makes YouTube apt for influencer marketing?
Leveraging around 2 billion monthly active users, YouTube has become one of the most apt influencer marketing platforms that marketers and brands can use efficiently to promote their products or services. In fact, experts from the best influencer marketing agencies claim that using YouTube as a part of their marketing strategy can help brands to grow their business and generate higher revenues.
Here are some statistics that establish the prominence of YouTube in the influencer marketing domain:
- It is the second most visited and trafficked website after its parent company Google.
- It is estimated that the platform has nearly 2 billion monthly active users and 30 million daily users.
- More than 5 billion videos were uploaded on YouTube till 2018. The numbers have been ever-increasing since then.
- Almost 5 billion videos are being watched (on a daily basis) on the platform.
- More than 1 billion people watch YouTube videos on mobile phones.
- It is available in almost 91 countries and in 80 different languages.
- Almost 62% of businesses use YouTube.
- About 95% of the worldwide internet population accesses YouTube.
- Nearly 50 million people create content for YouTube.
Additionally, YouTube’s official statement claims that India has the biggest and fastest growing YouTube audience with an estimate of 265 million monthly active users. Furthermore, more than 1200 Indian content creators have crossed the mark of 1 million subscribers to emerge as popular YouTube influencers. According to the best influencer marketing agencies in India, working with these YouTube influencers is highly beneficial for brands with regard to audience engagement and efficacy.
Tips to encourage a healthy relationship between YouTube influencers and brands for business growth
- Set clear goals and objectives before connecting with influencers. Define the outcomes and results you want to derive from your influencer marketing campaign.
- Associate with appropriate influencers only. Select influencers on the basis of parameters like relevance, reach, engagement, and experience. You can also take the help of the top influencer outreach agencies to connect with the most appropriate influencers for your brand.
- Trust the influencers and allow them to work with creative freedom.
- Aim to create user-centric content as it is the most important determinant of a campaign’s success.
- Develop strong call-to-actions (CTAs) that can drive immediate actions.
According to the best influencer endorsement agencies, working with YouTube influencers is leveraged with various benefits as they specialize in creating highly targeted and engaging videos. Moreover, they are dedicatedly followed by a large number of people and have millions of subscribers that can help brands to reach out to a wider audience and achieve a higher return on investment (ROI).