Suppose your business uses print marketing like booklets, postcards, brochures, and catalogs to promote its products and services. In that case, it is crucial to realize that how using these elements for prints differ from designing and marketing. New marketing tactics are all about social media, email marketing, content marketing, and print marketing. Print marketing plays a vital role in your business’s progress.
Therefore, having a basic knowledge of print design will contribute to your success in several ways. To help you with this, you can find printing services in North London. Initially, deliver what your graphic designer requires from you to deliver you the best piece of work. Don’t forget to analyze the skills of your graphic designer if he can provide you an excellent job or not. If you are an expert in designing but a novice in print design, keep these essentials in mind.
- Always Have a PDF Version of the Logo: in general, marketers don’t know much about the print design. People always have a JPG version of the brand logo. They do not save the logo in PDF format. And, saving a logo in a PDF version is very important in print design. When you have the logo in PDF format, it is convenient to create printed products such as brochures and letterhead.
- PMS/ CMYK Numbers: if you are not an expert in graphic design, there are chances that you do not have any idea what CMYK stand for. CMYK (Cyan, Magenta, Yellow, and Black) are the colors used in printers. Designers use these values to create consistent colors on the web and in print. Ensure that the color will not get distorted in printing because the logo is a crucial part of your brand identity. To dodge any issues with color distortion, it is advisable to set CMYK values before initiating the printing process.
- Use Graphic Tools: you cannot form a great design without using graphic design tools. Therefore, it becomes crucial to learn about tools like Adobe Photoshop and illustrator. You should go for a tool that is easy to use for you. You can redesign and retouch existing images or even create new images with the help of these tools. In addition, you can use these programs to change the file format of your images according to your convenience.
- Hire Experts for Design: if you have a small business, you cannot afford to have a print design expert in your team. You can hire a freelance expert who can assist you in developing a print marketing strategy. Various freelancers charge different rates, and it’s not that hard to find a professional who offers affordable services. However, it doesn’t mean that you should hire a freelancer who provides the cheapest service. You should pay heed to the freelancer’s job success rate and his portfolio. It is essential to make sure that the person you hire can deliver quality work on time.
- Maintain a Balance between Marketing and Print Design: if you know how to Photoshop an image with the help of a tool, you don’t need to hire a freelancer. However, if your company needs to redesign the logo or make any changes to the print marketing strategy, it is better to hire an expert. You should ask for expert assistance if you don’t possess the necessary skills and enough time. It is essential to find a balance between your work and print marketing. Just try to involve in the printing process as much as possible. In that way, you can concentrate on your core activities.
- Look for the Quality Paper: it is crucial to check if the logo and other elements will look on paper in print marketing. So, before you start printing your notepad, sticker, flyers, and catalogs, you need to determine what paper to use. For example, if you sell fancy home decor, you should use paper that looks rich and feels great to the touch. If you sell eco-friendly goods, don’t use laminated paper because it’s not recyclable. Instead, you should pick compostable paper. Print design is a crucial factor of your visual brand identity. So every product you print should describe the idea behind your brand. Always use a paper that is an excellent choice for your business.
- High-Resolution Images: high-resolution images are big in size in terms of pixels and width. Therefore, it is essential to use the highest resolution possible, especially when it comes to large-format offset printing.
The Bottom Line
If you learn the fundamentals of graphic design and understand how to use essential tools, you can easily create the desired design. In this way, you will find it simple to write a print marketing strategy. Otherwise, you can take assistance from a printing company in North London to compete with other marketers of your niche.