Social media has gained massive popularity and is savouring its peak years. Factually, almost 3.5 billion people, i.e. 42% of the current global population actively uses social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, and various others.
According to the top social outreach agencies, continuous improvements with regard to mobile possibilities has made social media highly accessible for people. This is the primary reason for the massive boom of the social media industry.
Moreover, this boom has eventually given rise to novel marketing approaches like influencer marketing. As per the top influencer marketing agencies in India, influencer marketing is the fastest growing online customer acquisition method as it connects brands with the right social media influencers for driving effective ROI campaigns.
Typically, influencers are the fanciers of their specific genres (like fashion or technology) and have a notable following. Celebrity influencers and Micro-influencers are two such types of influencers that brands often look for.
Who are celebrity influencers?
Renowned personalities such as movie stars, sportspersons, public speakers, etc. who possess a significantly high face-value and thumping following are known as celebrity influencers. They generally have millions of followers on their social media accounts and are an obvious first choice for the brands.
Here are some other benefits of connecting with celebrity influencers:
- Collaborating with celebrity influencers ensures a greater exposure. They are allegedly more effective in positioning the brand’s name along with their offered product or service.
- They ensure a higher conversion rate as they can place a brand’s message amongst millions of prospective clients and potential customers.
- According to the best influencer outreach agencies in India, brands are likely to get more control over the campaigns when they collaborate with celebrity influencers. Typically, representatives of the celebs ask the brands for campaign-related details and specifications to ensure that the posted content is aligned with it.
- The return on investment (ROI) is likely to be higher when connecting with celebrity influencers. Brands can also monitor the number or views, likes and other parameters of ROI easily.
Working and collaborating with celebrity influencers is great for brands in terms of exposure and control. However, it is a highly costly affair. Thus, budget constrains may restrict small brands and businesses from investing.
Who are Micro-Influencers?
Influencers with a modest following (typically 5000 to 20000 followers) on their social media accounts are known as micro-influencers. These influencers truly specialize in their exclusive genre and provide brands with a very niche audience base. Here are some benefits of connecting with micro-influencers:
- First and foremost, it is inexpensive and economical. Thus, it is a better option for small brands.
- Micro-influencers specialize in identifying trends. This eventually supports the proximity of the campaign.
- Since they have a niche and very specific audience, targeting gets easier for the brands.
Before social media emerged as “the big player”, brands had their reliance on traditional marketing and promotional techniques. For instance, celebrity advertising was one of the prominent approaches to reach potential customers. However, this boom of social media has leveraged brands to develop their marketing strategies while keeping social media in the sure shot limelight.