Sodium Ethoxide is a strong base with the chemical formula C2H5ONa. If sodium ethoxide has many advantages then it also has disadvantages. It is harmful to the eyes and health due to a strong base.
In this article, you will get about two chemical terms such as Sodium Ethoxide and 7- azaindole. Read the article to the end.
Chemical Properties of Sodium Ethoxide
|Melting Point||260 degrees Celsius or 500-degree Fahrenheit|
- Its appearance, it will be either yellow or white
- In the liquid form, you will find it as colorless
- It has a 0.868/cm cube density. If we compare it with ethanol solution then it is 21% of this solution
- It can form ethanol by reacting because it is soluble in water
Preparation of Sodium Ethoxide
We can prepare Sodium Ethoxide by the synthesis process. In this process, sodium metal will react with ethyl alcohol. After taking place of the reaction you will get the liquid form of Sodium Ethoxide.
A balanced Chemical Reaction of getting Sodium Ethoxide:
2 C2H5OH + 2 Na → 2 C2H5ONa + H2
If you react to Sodium Hydride with Anhydrous ethanol then you will also get Sodium Ethoxide. Are you thinking now about the removal of the remaining water? Do not think, it is because you can remove it easily with the help of a drying agent. After the removal of water, you will have pure Sodium Ethoxide.
C2H5OH + NaOH ⇌ C2H5ONa + H2O
But the Sodium Ethoxide that you will get from the given chemical reaction would be in solid form as the powder product having a yellow color. This is the difference between the above both chemical reactions. One will provide you liquid form and the other one will give you a solid form.
Precautions and Safety Measures
- Highly Corrosive
- Do not try to do direct contact with the human naked eyes because it can damage your health easily or it might be severe damage
- Protect your skin while using it by using a protective kit
- It can cause blisters and high level of inflammations otherwise result can be out as blindness
- In the case of ingested chemicals can irritate in respiratory and damage the mucous membrane severely
- It can cause lung damage and also one call fall unconscious
- In most of the cases, it is seen that it leads to death sometimes
Owing to a strong base we can get that it can damage anybody very badly. So read the above points to avoid such things. Never try to come closer to sodium ethoxide. If any blisters come to your eyes then wash your eyes with sufficient water. So avoid the things that are mentioned in the above points otherwise you can face death even.
|Melting Point||103.0°C to 107.0°C|
It has 118.14 g/ mol molecular weight and its IUPAC name is 1H-pyrrolo[2,3-b]pyridine. In the current portfolio, it has attracted some interest in the field of drug discovery. 7-Azaindole It has powerful medicinal properties, it has an active area of research owing to the development of synthetic and elegant techniques.
For 20 years now there has been a synthesis of 7- azaindole. So, successful development is supported by metal-catalyzed chemicals. After this success, it has been updated on many templates with high rated positive reviews. If we see its uses then you will get it in LEDs ( Light Emitting Diodes). For such organic LEDs, it has good blue emitters.