Architecture and architects have always been fancy words among people. Do we really know what makes these words very fancy? A study of Architecture includes studying about buildings, theirs types and the architecture that has evolved over centuries.
What is Architecture?
Although Architecture has different meanings around. Architecture is widely understood as an art and technique used to design and build buildings from the skills associated with construction. Sometimes, architecture is simply described as a word for describing buildings and other physical structures, also the art and science used behind the design, buildings and the construction method.
How did it evolve?
The history of Architecture is looked up in architecture by various regions, traditions, date and styles. The architecture is as old as human race and pretty complex. The origin of architecture could be during the Neolithic period, around 10,000 BC or when people stopped living in caves and starting imagining how their houses would look like. Architecture is proven to be comforting, modern, elegant, vernacular, brutal, indexical and best known to reflect time.
Use of Architecture
The use of Architecture varies differently according to the institutions. There are no different types of architecture defined by architects but there are a few sets by the society that has been growing according to the people’s’ needs and requirement. Here, an architect has to play a role of accepting the changes with respect to the designs and human needs.
Types of Architecture
- Neolithic Architecture: The architecture from Neolithic period is referred as Neolithic architecture. Most of the designs belong to some clay models.
- Ancient Egyptian architecture: Long ago, the ancient Egyptians believed in the omnipotence of gods with having aspects of daily life as idea to depict respect to the idea of supernatural and divine.
- Greek architecture: Greek architecture was called “trabeated” (post and beam) and made of stone. These buildings were mostly temples with doric columns.
- Islamic architecture: These architectures include early Abbasid buildings, T- type mosques and central-dome mosques of Anatolia.
- Indian architecture: The Indian architecture and civil engineering mostly manifests into Mohenjodaro and Harappa. Indian architecture continues into temples, forts, palaces, etc.
Reasons to study architecture
- Gives you a reason keep inventing beautiful things. An architect often sees his dreams build up with his own design into real satisfying structures.
- Studying architecture will enlighten the creative side of your brain.
- A great opportunity to show the world and the future generation your creativity and the piece of your mind.
- It is always amazing to have a passion and love a job that pays well. Yes, architecture is field for stacking your money bundles. Once the course is cleared with passing colors, large firms will hire the fresh minds and new ideas.
- An art performed using your hands. A lot of assignment will include building scale models, talking to people and making surveys.
Career in Architecture
- This is a very competitive industry. If your skills and talent make you the best, you will be the most profitable person in the industry.
- Some jobs include building landscape architect, production designer for TV, theatre, flim, structural engineer or town planner.
- Many firms offer special positions for Architecture graduates.
If you are someone looking to build a career in architecture. You are at the right place, MAD school is an institute established in the year 2012 and has been one of the best NATA coaching centre in chennai and Hyderabad. Come and build your architecture career with us. Other course offered are CEED, UCEED, NID, NIFT, B Design, B FA and other design entrance exams.
About the Author : Monisha Gopal is a passionate writer working for MAD school – NATA coaching centre in Chennai and Hyderabad. Other courses offered are CEED, UCEED, NID, NIFT, B Design, and other design entrance exams.