When you are driving a vehicle on the road there are many hazards that you and your car is facing. During a normal day, many factors contribute to accidents so consider how a rainy day will affect the driving. If an ordinary car can be in a major accident then how much damage can a heavyweight vehicle can do.
Like all other vehicles, the Truck Mounted Forklift for Sale must be operated carefully on a rainy day. The rainy day brings a lot of problems not only to the forklift and the driver but also to the roads. The roads get damaged or get slippery because of the mud and dirt that can wash on to the road.
Pre-Operational Checking Truck Mounted Forklift for Sale:
Before you take the forklift out to the road and for work; you have to check the vehicle in a proper way. The maintenance team has a duty to inspect the forklift on a weekly basis but the driver also has the check it daily.
- The checking must be done by the driver and in an open space.
- Inspect the outer body of the forklift whether everything is secure or not. Also the proper function of the forks, carriage plates, mast, hydraulics and lift chain.
- Test the overall operating system including the energy source, wheels and tires and gauges for any obstructions.
- The horn and warning system is also essential to inspect. The windscreen, headlights, mirrors and other warning lights are in excellent working condition.
- The number plate should be placed in such a position that other people can see it easily. Along with this the tax and insurance disks must be situated visibly.
- Lastly, inside of the cabin should be checked with the steps, steering wheel, seat, brakes and other paddles. One more thing to note is that make sure that you can look all ways when sitting in the cabin.
After coming back from driving a forklift; don’t think that you are exempted from the duty. When you buy a used forklift you are given instructions on how to maintain the vehicle after a drive.
- The quantity of the fuel should be checked to see how much more will be needed the next day.
- Look for any harm or damage done to the body of the forklift during the whole day as many times the conditions are not good.
- If there is any loss to the vehicle then it should be reported to the maintenance team so that they can repair it.
- Inspect the forklift according to the checklist that you have been given by the company from where you bought it like Bobby Park to test before you take it out for a drive.
A Rainy Day Operation Guide:
The safety associations around the world instruct the owners, drivers and maintenance teams of the forklifts to be very careful when operating it. Extra precautions should be taken when you are going to drive the forklift out in the open and especially during a rainy day. Here are what you must-do if you really want to take the forklift out.
Check the Weather Forecast:
Make it a habit to check the weather forecast every day before you go to operate the forklift outside. After that, an hourly listening of any developments that are happening in the weather must be done. If the weather is to change dramatically then prepare for it in advance.
Condition of the Road:
Rain can make the roads slippery especially after drizzling. Mud, dirt and other debris can gather up; which can obstruct the view of the driver. It is best to clear whatever hindrances are there to make the driving smooth.
Safety Gear is Essential:
Proper safety gear must be worn by the drivers when they take the forklift outside. As the surface is slippery rain boots must be put on, comfortable clothes with safety vest are worn. Use gloves, goggles and helmet must be included in the safety kit.
Drive Slowly and Carefully:
It has been instructed to drive the forklift in the appropriate speed under normal circumstances. Extra attention should be given to driving on a rainy day. The speed of the vehicle must be very slow and all the focus should be on the road. You should never be on the phone while driving; this can distract you. If it is raining heavily then stop on the side of the road and wait for the rain to either slow down or stop completely.
The windshield must be Dry:
There are several gadgets available in the market that can be used to keep the windshield dry. But before you actually use them; test them for their authenticity. Otherwise, the best option is to have a wiper installed which is working in an excellent condition.
Follow Rules and Regulations:
You must know that there is a heavy penalty for the drivers and owners of the forklifts who don’t follow the rules and regulations of the road and the vehicle. If an accident happens which is the result of the negligence of the driver then there is a big punishment.
Avoid Driving Initially:
If you want to avoid all of the fuss and flusters of driving Truck Mounted Forklift for Sale in the rain then you should avoid operating the vehicle in the rain in the first place. Make schedules not to drive the forklift under dangerous circumstances.