A good lunch keeps the mind and body happy and gets you going through the day. It’s essential to take care of what you eat for your lunch and question if it has enough nutrients. Having a balanced meal is the key to good health, and it should not be ignored. A healthy meal doesn’t mean a bland meal, and there are recipes you can prepare that are healthy and super tasty. We bring to you the top 3 lunch recipes that you can cook and enjoy!
Let Check Out Below Top 3 Healthy And Flavorful Lunch Recipes
Healthy Moong Dal Khichdi
A moong dal khichdi is a very nutritious option for lunch. It is easy to make and has a delightful taste too! Follow these steps to prepare this recipe:
- Start with soaking in 1 cup rice and moong dal in water for about 20 minutes.
- Drain the water after 20 minutes and add the rice and dal to a pressure cooker with 4 cups of water. Add a pinch of turmeric powder, salt, and asafoetida. Cook the ingredients on high heat for 5-6 whistles.
- In another pan, heat ghee and put cumin seeds, mustard seeds, and chopped ginger, followed by chopped tomatoes and onions.
- Cook for about 3-4 minutes, and then add the cooked rice and dal to the pan.
- Mix everything nicely, and then add salt according to taste.
- Garnish with chopped coriander and serve hot.
Khichdi tastes best with pickles. It enhances the taste of the dish and adds a kick to the flavor. You can buy pickles online and get cooking this wonderful recipe!
Spicy Roasted Potato Recipe
This is a fantastic recipe for those who love spicy food! It is roasted and hence healthier and tastes great too! To prepare:
- Preheat the oven to 500 degrees F.
- Cut potatoes and onions and arrange them in a greased baking tray.
- Season the potatoes and onions with red chili powder, garlic powder, black pepper, and salt.
- Drizzle olive oil on top.
- Bake them for about 30-40 minutes until the potatoes are tender and crispy. When done, sprinkle some freshly chopped coriander on top and serve hot!
This is an unconventional lunch recipe that is healthy and delicious. You can try this recipe even for dinner. Buy spices online and get cooking these spicy roasted potatoes.
Pasta Salad Recipe
Healthy, crunchy, tasty, and hearty: this recipe screams a wholesome lunch. To prepare:
- Cook any pasta of your choice in salted water. Once the pasta is cooked, drizzle some olive oil so that it doesn’t stick.
- Blend up the dressing for your pasta: add oregano, chili flakes, black pepper, dry basil, fresh herbs, olive oil, and water.
- Now toss cherry tomatoes, parsley, chicken sausages, red onion, and cheese.
- Mix all the ingredients and keep the pasta salad in the fridge for about an hour.
- Serve chilled with lemonade or with fresh juice.
These are the top 3 simple lunch recipes that will give you the taste of good health. The best part is that you can prepare them in a little amount of time without much effort. So, no more excuses for eating unhealthy! Get cooking and prepare these delicious dishes that you and your family will love!